Wednesday 31 July 2024

Red Arrows #dreamdiary 182

I’m trying to find my way to the coffee shop. I’ve got these new glasses to guide me. They interact with some mapping software and bring up some red arrows on the lenses to direct me. The trouble is that they fail to take height into account. They indicate when I’m at a destination, but only because the corresponding satellite states that I should be above it. So when I’m in a tunnel that runs underneath a shopping precinct, my device tells me that I have arrived. There’s diagonal arrows to indicate some nearby steps as a suggestion, but I have to restart my route again, because as I turn my back to my destination, an alarm is raised indicating that I’m travelling away from it. It never turns green or tells me how far away I am from it. It’s very frustrating as it can’t recognise what floor I’m on and where I need to go.

No comments:

Post a Comment