Tuesday 24 August 2021

Mixbook

It was once again time to design a photobook and this time I let Google help me shop around for the best deal. The trouble with these programs is the fiddly design features. You can install their software but for a one-time purchase I decided to use the browser software. What I did find was that every time I went to change the photo’s view, I was actually moving the frame instead, and that there wasn’t an undo button to correct my mistake. I later discovered that was an easier way; but I only learnt this through an e-mail tutorial that they’d sent me a week after I’d placed my order. Another annoying feature was the fact that I could access a whole new range of stickers if I changed my photobook’s theme. Why not just have everything in the same place to begin with? This made no sense to me and I only discovered this afterwards when they decided to send me another e-mail tutorial. I suppose I could have watched the tutorials when I was designing it but I just wanted to get the job done. Finally, there was the despatch date. We’d be given an ETA with each delivery option and worked out that there was plenty of time to receive the photobook with the cheapest delivery option. What we weren’t told was that it would be arriving much quicker than expected. As no-one was at home it got sent to the local parcel office but fortunately this was only a stone’s throw from where I worked. But the job got done and it looks nice so I just hope she likes it. I may give Mixbook another go in the future. I wonder how the store options fare? 

No comments:

Post a Comment