Monday 15 October 2018

New Shoes

It was time for a new pair of toe-capped boots. I’ve had my current pair for about five years, but the boot was starting to come away from the sole, and underneath the hole was getting bigger. I asked the boss for a new pair but that would set me back twenty pounds. I then toyed with the idea of popping off to the flea market in Birmingham, but that would take time. Instead, I chose the convenient option of ordering them off the internet and having them delivered to the workplace. They looked pretty smart and arrived fast and there was even a spare shoelace. But of course, I didn’t have the option of trying them on first. Just like my old boots, my feet began to rub into them. So once again, I have to go through another phase of blistery feet while I get used to them.

No comments:

Post a Comment