Friday 21 October 2016

Bogus Brittania

I'm in a Birmingham hotel! I managed to book it fairly cheap at the last minute, all to save myself a few minutes in being able to help out at the beer festival. When I checked in there was a small queue but the staff seemed to deal with each problem quite quickly and I got checked in in no time. I didn't even need to show any ID. Going up, I shared the lift with an American who'd suffered rail delays from Weston-Super-Mare. I couldn't help thinking about Faulty Towers. The corridor was a little run down but my room had a nice sturdy door. Inside the room was fairly well furnished, but I have a view of the wall of the opposite building and the air conditioning just seems to rumble and rumble. The bed is tiny and half the electrical sockets are for a different continent. I'm still debating whether to risk the breakfast buffet or go around the corner and have a traditional fry-up. 

No comments:

Post a Comment