Saturday 3 September 2016

Coffee on the Cheap

I’ve forgotten my wallet. It’s frustrating because I’m pretty sure that it shouldn’t have left my satchel. I only opened it yesterday to use an expired voucher and I mentioned to a friend before I went in that they don’t always check the dates. And before I departed on my delivery run today, I even had time to work out where the drops were and where the best place was to have a coffee break and to use a voucher for a free cup ‘o’ joe. But when I reached the shop, my pockets were bare and I walked out empty-handed. Then in a flash of inspiration I remembered that some retailers have an app for their loyalty cards; which meant that I could download it and spend my points through my phone. After trying to steal their free Wi-Fi outside, I gave up and turned on the 3G. But alas, while the app downloaded OK, it wouldn’t load past the first screen. Luckily, I found some coins at the bottom of my bag. Then in another flash of inspiration, I took out a new loyalty card which meant that I could open a new points account and get £1 off my next coffee. Quality on the cheap.

No comments:

Post a Comment