Sunday 31 July 2016

Marston's New World Pale Ale at the Old Tramway Inn, Stratford upon Avon

I was looking forward to a weekend pint after my late work shift; and decided that it would be a great opportunity to seek out the Cask Marque scan at the Old Tramway Inn, a lovely pub at the other side of the river. Sadly, it was dark when I arrived; and there was also a wedding in the beer garden which robbed me of the opportunity to explore it; so I ventured inside he main bar. It was a popular pub and most of the tables were occupied; so I headed straight for the bar and quickly made up my mind to have a pint of Marston’s New World; a pale ale which is usually a good thirst quencher while only very slightly over the legal limit for drivers. As I took the thirst sip, I could already tell that his barrel hadn't been sold for a while; as the slight undertones of vinegar set in. I therefore resolved to sit in the front beer garden on the sole bench away from prying eyes as this was clearly a dining with friends pub rather than be inviting to interact with others. Very disappointing. 

No comments:

Post a Comment