Sunday 15 September 2024

Blow Your Whistle

I bought these whistles for my team to use at our beer festivals. They’d be hung up on the stillaging next to the barrels. The idea was that when a beer started to run low, the volunteer would blow on a whistle to attract the attention of a bar manager, who would either stoop the firkin or take it off sale. It was a good idea at first, but I don’t think that people liked the idea of using something that had been used by other people or being whistled at. They disappeared very quickly, either into bins or people’s pockets. It was a shame as they were quite bright on shoelaces with a little plastic ball inside. And I got twenty of them for under a fiver. I might have ordered them the year before and they didn’t arrive in time so I had to store them for a year. I’m surprised I didn’t lose them.

No comments:

Post a Comment