Saturday 23 May 2020

Doctor Who (Series 12)

It was great to see the series open with a bang; though having the Doctor re-assigned to MI5 did seem a bit odd. I thought it would have been a bit more fun to re-introduce a new UNIT, and that the only reason that they did use the spy theme was to make use of gadgets; which seemed a bit cheap. But then again, it did give Ryan and Yaz the ability to snoop around while the Doctor investigated her new arch-nemesis. The third episode seemed a little boring as it seemed to do more of the same old thing; and I felt that it was Midnight re-written. But the return of the Judoon together with an appearance from Captain Jack were amazing (though his warning was slightly over-exaggerated). I loved the Doctor scolding the Troop Leader and there were so many storylines in that episode that could be explored further. I thought it fantastic that Chibnall decided to pursue some of them in the series finale. Praxeus was an interesting episode and I did wonder how it was permitted to air because of the escalating COVID-19 pandemic. And I would have liked to have learnt more about Ashad’s origin but I guess that’s for another series. I wonder if the Doctor will meet him in his past and think, ‘Yeah, I know his fate, I can just leave him to it’.  

No comments:

Post a Comment