Friday 29 May 2020

College Capers

I’m at college with my brother and my best friend. We’re studying in the heart of the Cotswolds. Every building is built out of traditional Cotswold stone with a slated roof, and it’s impossible for an outsider to tell which building is which without approaching the entrance. All the buildings are the same size be it a dorm or a classroom. All the students wear an identical uniform of a white shirt, a black and yellow tie, a purple blazer, slate-grey trousers and black shoes. Any mass gatherings are taken outside in the streets between the buildings with their perfectly manicured lawns and trim paving. We’re told that the college is closing immediately due to an outbreak of coronavirus, and that our accounts were being credited with £5,000 as compensation for the loss of the term. As we were leaving, my best friend told me not to worry about an e-mail that I’d received. He said that it was a scam set up between him and his dad. 

No comments:

Post a Comment