Friday 6 May 2016

Too many Twits on Twitter

I'm getting tired of Twitter. Every half hour my phone goes off to give me a notification, which means that I have to stop what I'm doing and read the message. I wouldn't have minded if these tweets were newsworthy; but most of the time they are not. I follow the accounts of people and organisations that I'm interested in; but when a Birmingham real ale drinker tells me that he’s just got a nice parcel; that's really not the stuff that I'm interested in. I do discover a fair bit from Twitter; but a lot of the e-mails I receive are from people that I'm not even following; they just want their friends to know that they are thinking of them. I've now turned off notifications and hopefully I can get on without a wench telling me that she's just drunk a beer which happens to be from a brewery that I'm following. 

No comments:

Post a Comment