Monday 2 May 2016

Boggart Rum Porter at the Weavers at Park Lane, Kidderminster

I’ve been looking forward to visiting this pub for a long time and it didn’t disappoint. I’d heard too many interesting things about it; that it had broken away from its sister pub owing to an argument in the company; and that it was a second micro-pub. But on my visit, I found it to be a full-sized house! I had to use my phone to try and find it, and as usual it pitched itself further than it looked. But after confusing a stream with a canal (which to be fair wasn’t on the map), I found an old bricked building worryingly next to some demolished bricked buildings. I descended into the bar where the barmaid was being entertained by dirty jokes from customers; and after having a brief look round the rooms I settled on a bench outside opposite the towpath. It’s just a shame that the view opposite was a Tesco’s and there were police sirens wailing in the distance. Still, it was very pleasant in the light breeze watching dusk settle in. Check it out here!

No comments:

Post a Comment