Thursday 12 May 2016

The Door

When you belong to someone, you feel loved. You feel that someone is taking care of you; that someone’ll be there to make sure you’re in good condition, and to avenge others that may damage you. But I belong to a company. All day long I’m in use, but never a thought is given to closing me slowly. It’s always slam, slam, slam as people are in a rush to get through. True, I may have a great view sometimes, but it’s a given that I won’t get any of the action. Often I’m inspected, but it’s only for safety purposes, and should I be damaged or splintered it may be a while before someone can make the arrangements to repair me. So thank you for closing me slowly. You’re one of the few that I won’t have to grimace as I hit the metal bar before the latch is slid.

No comments:

Post a Comment