Wednesday 11 May 2016

Gateway to Belfast

The game was simple. Just stand on the stone ball and throw your metal hoop on top of that lamppost right in front of you and I’ll win that giant ornamental fish. Trouble is, I’ve been trying to do it for over six years now, and it’s not easy with everyone watching me. Just one small movement causes the little people to stop and stare, and it sometimes sends them into a panic as they think that I’m going to fall off my stone. Actually, my feet have been dug into it for ages. It’s also very open around here, so at night the wind really picks up and makes my hoop travel; taking it well beyond the bridge and often over and into the sea beyond. Often I’m just trying to keep hold of it in the gale. But one day I will make my move, and that fish will be mine.

No comments:

Post a Comment