Friday 9 October 2015

Edinburgh

At lunchtime we arrived in the city of Edinburgh and straight into the heart of the fringe festival. Our goal here was to meet an old college friend; which we duly did in the Jolly Judge. As we were waiting; we overheard a debate as to whether or not Hogwarts was real; to which we duly answered; ‘These Muggles’! We also saw a spitfire in the parade area of the Royal Tattoo; where our friend managed to sneak by my other buddy while I was in the gift shop. The pub has had an interesting history of local magistrates passing through before going on to pass sentence in court; a practice that is sadly lacking today.We were then treated to a whistle-stop tour of the National History Musuem; where we ducked in and out of the corwds with the help of our local guide. I have yet to ascend to the mound in Edinburgh; ride the wheel or visit Camera Obscura. Perhaps time will allow me on my next visit. 

No comments:

Post a Comment