Thursday 10 September 2015

The Fib and other Stories

The Fib and Other Stories (Knockouts)The Fib and Other Stories by George Layton
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

I acquired this book in mysterious circumstances; we were staying in a village hall as part of a hands-on farming weekend as part of our youth club. I had some trouble sleeping on account of too many people in the hall; and so I came across this book on a shelf sitting next to me. I instantly fell in love with Layton’s tales; as from the first reading I recognised them from being read out at a school assembly. The book itself somehow made it into my rucksack; and it’s been at home ever since. We follow the story of our young hero as he grows up through childhood; from his boyhood innocence of cookery and his transcendence of bereavement through to the abandoning of his childhood den and his first date. Along the way we meet his characterful friends which shape his actions and opinions; all told in an innocent first person narrative which makes this book very enjoyable indeed.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment