Saturday 5 September 2015

Long Man American Pale Ale at the Carpenter's Arms (Marylebone)

So having caught my trains without incident (though I would have liked to have had more time around Birmingham to visit the Square Peg and do a bit of owl spotting); I am here in the capital. Even the guy sitting opposite me on the train was normal; making business calls but still giving me the occasional chance to doze off. The first port of call was the Carpenter’s Arms; a Good Beer Guide pub that was not too far away from Marylebone station, or so at least the map said. It turned out that this locals pub was actually closer to Oxford Street; and a nice hideaway for it too. The pub was very nice and well preserved; not too crowded and a place for the office crowd to meet up. Conversation dominated here; it’s not the best pub to go on your own for a restful retreat; but the Long Man American Pale Ale that I tried was in excellent condition. I particularly enjoyed the Landlord’s cheeky sign about the TV; “This TV is expensive; it may turn off if beer is not being consumed.”!

No comments:

Post a Comment