Sunday 10 February 2019

Waiting Times

I dropped Mum off at the Accident and Emergency entrance and helped her out of the car. Then she headed in while I headed off to park. On the way back, I rang my brother and filled him in on what was going on. Within five minutes we were seen by a nurse who established what had happened and gave her some painkillers and a sling to rest her arm in. Then it was the waiting game; entertained only by Prime Minister’s questions in the hospital waiting room. I found much more interest in staring at the screen on the coffee machine; it was very reasonable when I gave in an hour later. Another screen displayed the current waiting time; we later learnt that this was just an open word document on a computer screen rather than an accurate estimation, and the keyboard was kept on top of the vending machine. We certainly waited more than the projected hour that was displayed.

No comments:

Post a Comment