Monday 4 February 2019

Don't Dilly-Dally

I had to collect a laptop for my sister-in-law. The closest place that had the one that she wanted was thirteen miles away by car. This wouldn’t normally be too hard of a drive, but it involved a motorway journey through a large set of roadworks. I decided to undertake the journey on a Sunday if the frost wasn’t too bad. The other fun factor was that I’d had a late night at the pub the night before. I set off late on the Sunday morning, and despite me being a bit wobbly on the roads, the traffic wasn’t too bad, and I didn’t get yelled at for being in the wrong lane when I had to take a turn from left roundabout into a following right roundabout.  There was also a bit of fun where I couldn’t work out the car park for the shop; the area I drove past looked more like it was to a service yard. I got around this by parking in front of a council house that didn’t charge for parking on a Sunday. It was just the reduced speed limits on the motorway which made the journey a bit unbearable, although thankfully these restrictions had been lifted on the return journey.

No comments:

Post a Comment