Monday 12 September 2022

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead."

 -Nelson Mandela.

Where am I going? Do I feel fulfilled? Are my actions worth it? How do I know? I can only compare my actions to others, and whether contemporary or historical only society can decide. Am I only doing these things because no-one else wants to? Sometimes it really is a simple task that needs to be performed and other people could probably do it themselves if given the time. Is that the only reason why they appreciate it? In an age when we want more people to be self-sustainable, am I making it easier for other people? Maybe I should stand at the front and let everyone know what the procedure is rather than let them figure it out for themselves. It’s great when people appreciate the work that you do. But if you don’t feel fulfilled in return, there’s no way that your actions will feel significant. So how can you help others without being taken advantaged of in return?


No comments:

Post a Comment