Saturday 3 September 2022

Launch Party

On our first night, we were invited up onto the deck to meet the captain and crew. There was a short presentation as they each introduced themselves while cocktails and canapes were handed around. Some were enjoying themselves a little too much, and when they put the music on, they really flung themselves against tables which caused free drinks to be sent flying. A stewardess came over, but because of her accent I wasn’t sure whether she was censuring me or asking me if I’d like another drink. In any case, I pointed in the direction of the offender and both him and the stewardess disappeared. I never saw either of them for the rest of the cruise. But what we did see as we moved off was a beautiful neon light show. If it wasn’t the buildings lining the banks of the river, there’d be passing boats with neon strips topped with pagoda roofs.


No comments:

Post a Comment