Thursday 25 December 2014

Did Santa Bring You Everything You Asked For?

In most cases, I suspect the answer is no. Each year before Christmas, I am always asked to write a Christmas Wish list. Thankfully I no longer have to write it in the style of a letter to Santa. And every year; when I receive a request to produce such a list; I always reply, ‘Whatever happened to that list you made me write for my birthday?’ Surely there are still some items on that. And these are fairly simple materialistic items; I’m not wishing for a sports car or world peace here (which, by the way, always seems to be out of stock). But it’s annoying things like these that make you think that actually, you have no interest in my goals and pursuits and is even quite tactless of you to ask me to create this list in order to fulfil a holiday consumer tax that falls upon us every year. And now that the holiday moment is over, the list is gone; my goals are gone and I can’t even remember what to buy with those pesky vouchers.

Anyway, A Very Merry Christmas to You.

No comments:

Post a Comment