Friday 10 May 2013

A very British Bank Holiday

So on Monday I took part in a very British bank holiday. Despite being hungover from the night before (thanks to an open mic night at a local taphouse, or a local Mick night and my friend so calls it); I actually managed to wake at an early time of 10am. We then have to await the decision as to whether we’re actually going to do the usual bank holiday thing. All through April I moaned and protested, as we do the same thing year upon year upon year, and I wanted to give it a miss to knuckled down and clear my workload in order to complete some personal objectives. But as I lay there not stirring and re-watching the previous night’s Dr. Who, I began to think; actually we can make this a little bit different. We visited a town I’d never set foot in before and two pubs; as well as the usual routine visit to the village fete which had a few surprises of its own this year. It just goes to show that the boring old usual can be different too…

No comments:

Post a Comment