Thursday, 6 August 2026

Speak like Shakespeare

Am I to be bombarded with quotes from the bard? Will there be excerpts from his plays? Or is this an excuse to use ‘oldspeak’ and put ye in front of every word? She might not be able to do it successfully and give up in a tongue-twisted stupor. Or I might get an everyday conversation. I get a speech that I can’t understand, but that’s quite usual. The second attempt is different, and I begin to understand the first half but it becomes too long for my brain to process what it means. A third attempt is also unique and short, and I understood the first bit but not the second. Some of it doesn’t make sense; like cowards die many times but the valiant only die once. At the end of the day, it just a collection of quotes that it’s read out. It’s not like you can have a conversation.

No comments:

Post a Comment