Friday, 7 August 2026

Abandon Pub #sambourne 13

I’m not a big fan of this pub. It’s very picturesque but the couple in charge are a bit backwards. It’s run by a grumpy old bat and her grown-up son who runs the kitchen and tends to the bar on quiet evenings. We’d booked a room a few months in advance for a group meeting. And because it was a picturesque pub; we’d put it on the front cover of our seasonal magazine. I called ahead a few weeks in advance to remind them that we were coming. Then on the evening, the staff totally blanked us. They hadn’t got our room ready and only had one beer on which wasn’t in the best condition and soon ran out. At the break, I was considering abandoning the meeting to go to another venue; but they did add another beer. At the end of the meeting, they confessed to me that they’d forgotten that we were coming. I haven’t been back since.


No comments:

Post a Comment