Tuesday 20 August 2024

Prejudice

‘I need that armrest.’

‘But it’s mine.’

‘Yeah, but I’m bigger than you.’

‘I was hoping to relax and sleep.’

That’s fine. I won’t have to worry about you getting up to go to the bathroom. And I’ll have your in-flight meal too.’

‘But I paid for that.’

‘Yes, but if you doze off then it’s going right in front of me unless you surrender your armrest.’

‘No. I have a right to exist in a certain amount of space. I refuse to be bumped around just because I’m smaller.’

‘You won’t have to if you let me have your armrest.’

‘You will, you’ll just hover over my side trying to steal my space and I’ll be forced to sit upright in a locked position so that there’s still some space between us.’

‘Well it’s not my fault that these seats are so small.’

‘And it’s not my fault that you’re too big.’

‘Why don’t you switch seats?’

‘I don’t know if I can. These flights are usually full.’

‘Go on, ask.’

‘You ask. It’s your problem, not mine.’

‘But I’ve specifically paid for a window seat, which comes with an armrest.’

‘Well, I ain’t budging.’

No comments:

Post a Comment