Friday 9 August 2024

Manners for Malliardi #richmond 23 #sherduck 18

Sherduck looked across. A black swan was sitting in the centre of the boat. There must have been a crash for a pool of water to appear underneath the swan but somehow the boat hadn’t sunk. Perhaps the owner had propped it up over bricks at each end with the intention of patching it up somehow. It would be cheaper than getting hold of a hoist. But why was he here in the first place?

‘I know exactly what you’re thinking. Allow me to introduce myself. My name is Professor Malliardi. I was born in a nest not far from here-

‘Spare me your origin story. You’ve taken great measures to get me here, alone, unconscious, and without a trace. You’ve removed my phone. And you’re named after a duck -why is that?’

‘You’re too impatient, Mr. Sherduck. And it will cost you. I was going to reveal that knowledge before I was so rudely interrupted.’

 

No comments:

Post a Comment