Monday 12 August 2024

Brakeman Brian

This is probably off a lead that I was given for an article about beer on steam trains but I didn’t pursue it. The trouble is that cask beer doesn’t travel well on trains if you intend to drink it, and even in bottled form you’d need to travel on the smoothest of tracks. Cut to today’s fast-paced trains and you might have a chance, though centrifugal force and harsh braking would still ruin the barrel. I’m quite happy to feature train-side pubs and bars in the county and visit a few of them but I don’t have the budget to go galloping across the country writing reviews and taking pictures. It’s difficult when people don’t realise that we’re volunteers. If someone else is happy to do the legwork then I’m happy to report it. But at the end of the day; I’m an editor, not a journalist. You need to make your own news.

No comments:

Post a Comment