Monday 25 May 2015

Paul Richards and the Missing Potter Book

Somewhere in the dark corners of the United Kingdom lies a missing book in my collection. It was last seen in Wales, where I lent it to a friend in exchange for lecture notes. Now, ten years have passed; and that book has still not found its way home to fill a gap in my collection. The title: Harry Potter. The subject: The Chamber of Secrets. This was one of the scariest books of the series considering Harry’s age at this time; being haunted by Tom Riddle’s diary and accumulating in a gigantic snake roaming the corridors of our beloved school. We discover Harry’s dark powers and also that of Voldemort’s past. I don’t remember too much and I also dozed off when the film came out; so I really need the book back to refresh my memory of Potter’s early days. That said, there is still plenty of academic charm and scholastic rivalry to keep us entertained.

No comments:

Post a Comment