Wednesday, 30 September 2026

Testing Grounds #habberley 35

I’m just trying to cross the bridge. I must be doing it like a pro since I’ve only got one hand on the rail. I’m quite high up though. Maybe we wanted to see how much weight the bridge could handle. The top of the chain is quite taunt and rusty. It could snap under the pressure and I could ruin everyone’s adventure. Or someone just wanted me to cross so that I could have my picture taken. I could be demonstrating how easy to cross it is to people. Or maybe I’m trying to get over a phobia. It looks a little slippery; possibly because it’s been sprayed. There may be thorns below or a very muddy demise awaiting me. I might even be about to be pushed by branches stretching out towards me. I don’t think that my fleece jacket can help me here, even if I try to use it as a parachute, though it may soften my fall. 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment