I’ve been out for a day in London with my brother and his family. We’re on the underground heading back to the mainline to catch our return train home. As we leave the underground train, I realise that I’ve left my backpack on the carriage and bolt back to retrieve it. I make it back to my bag, but the doors close and the train starts leaving the station. I call my brother and tell him what’s happened and that I’ll get off at the next station and change trains to come back again and hopefully I’ll make it back before our mainline train departs. That’s easier said than done. I get off the underground with twenty minutes to spare but I’ve still got to change trains to come back. The route to the other side of the platform seems to take me outside the station. It’s snowing and I’m struggling to walk without slipping. I make it to the ticket barricade which is manned by a small boy. As I struggle to find my credit card, a teenage girl pushes in front of me.
No comments:
Post a Comment