Friday, 11 September 2026

Motherland

This was a fun yet sadistic little series. I love the fact that each character had their own outlook yet is forced to conform to come together for a shared goal but somehow manages to make themselves the ultimate bitch while the children suffer in silence in the process. There’s a little bit of sympathy towards what mothers have to go through and perhaps they weren’t ready to have children and then they happened. It would have been more interesting to focus on a prequel rather than a sequel based on the most selfish characters that I can’t stand. I would have liked to witness Julia go through a divorce at some point but the conclusion was very emotional and should be something that we all dread and should be something that we all dread. Each series seemed short and I would have liked to have seen more mishaps But there are some real heart of community scenes.

No comments:

Post a Comment