Tuesday 30 July 2013

Being cold to cold calls

I've been getting a lot of cold calls lately. Usually it's someone who asks if they can sue somebody on my behalf; either because someone slipped up or accidentally didn't write the terms and conditions properly. Occasionally it's to ask if I have any stocks or shares. I'm sorry, but I'm not going to discuss my personal details over the phone with someone I don't know; especially if they require all my account numbers, my mother's maiden name and the name of my first pet. I wouldn't remember the name of my first pet anyway. But what annoys me is that they have all this information about you then require you to undertake a gigantic survey while filling you in on why they're doing it. The last guy who called me didn't even do that; so I just put the phone down halfway through his pitch. But what annoys me the most is that they always call at an inconvenient time without bothering to tell you what they're calling for. And if they waste my time; I really can't be bothered to listen to you. 

No comments:

Post a Comment