Thursday, 9 July 2026

Ann Droid

This was a great little comedy that had me laughing at the deadpan situations. Morgan’s voice can be annoying at times, but it’s designed to be that way. Her comedic smile to reassure her human is brilliant. Johnstone does a fantastic performance playing Sue, and the series addresses real life issues like loneliness and bereavement. It’s quite realistic, and the plot focuses on incidents that are quite common. Linda’s full functions are unknown, but Sue can’t learn everything in one series. It’s good fun how Linda interferes with her life for the better though, even if Sue isn’t ready for it and her motives are exposed. I did feel that Ready’s character and associates were a bit plastic and unrealistic; though I’m sure that people can relate to him. I’m looking forward to a second series. I’d like to see more of the technician come round for repairs, upgrades and maintenance.

No comments:

Post a Comment