Thursday 1 May 2014

Have they thought this Through?

So this morning for the first time I spot a caution wet floor sign in the changing rooms of our local swimming pool. Then on the radio I hear that a retailer has decided to give money to Cancer Research by persuading people to give up their clothes for cancer.  I'm instantly thinking; have they actually thought this through? People would expect the floor of a swimming pool changing room to be wet; so why the need for a sign suddenly? And if I give up all my clothes to a retailer for charity; I'm going to have a very unpleasant journey home. In a world where we have to risk assess every tiny thing that we do so that the rules cannot be misinterpreted to make blame more obvious; why don't advertisements do the same thing? Why can't we have a bit of trust in our fellow man in the hope that they do the right thing?

No comments:

Post a Comment