Friday 2 May 2014

The clock is ticking...

I’ve suddenly found myself getting a lot better at Countdown; especially with the numbers game. In the letters challenge; I usually get four or five, but occasionally I do get the bigger words. It’s always struck me as a strange intellectual show; for the geeks that really do like to hide away. There are geniuses that spend their whole time reading the dictionary and looks like they’ve spent their entire time in the public library prior to appearing on the show. Even the host, Nick Hewer, lacks the presenting skills for the show, and it was the same with Richard Whiteley. They’re always shy to look into the camera for a proper welcome, and are often repeating themselves when it comes to entertainment in between the action. It’s not that we’re demanding showgirls on the show, but a little small talk is all that I’m asking; after all it is entertainment.

No comments:

Post a Comment