Tuesday 12 February 2013

If you're at the top you should be the last to surrender

Now I'm not a religious person but I found it quite strange that the Pope announced that he was standing down. I never liked the look of this pope, I always thought he had evil eyebrows; John Paul looked much friendlier and didn't seem to scream: 'I'm ripping you off behind your back!' As ex-pope has now announced that he would like to devote the rest of his life to prayer. In a palace. As if a monastery wouldn't do. The strange thing is; in six hundred years it's the first time this has been done. For six hundred years no other pope has given up the throne; they've gotten old and gone upstairs; or they've been pushed downstairs for various reasons. But to give up the crown to go and live in the Summer Palace is surely like living on expenses? Watch this space... 

No comments:

Post a Comment